Some local Essex knowledge sought, please…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I have plotted a route from Chesham to Harwich that I'll be doing late in July to catch a ferry there. Most of the route is on secondary or smaller roads and some cycle paths I've found.
However there is a stretch through Braintree and to Marks Tey that uses the A120 for about 10 miles, and I can't see a reasonable way of avoiding this. Is this road ok, or do I really need to find a way to avoid it? It'll be on a Monday at about 2-3 in the afternoon.
Thank you!

cm2mackem

Über Member
Avoid it , its busy

jiberjaber

Veteran
I have plotted a route from Chesham to Harwich that I'll be doing late in July to catch a ferry there. Most of the route is on secondary or smaller roads and some cycle paths I've found.
However there is a stretch through Braintree and to Marks Tey that uses the A120 for about 10 miles, and I can't see a reasonable way of avoiding this. Is this road ok, or do I really need to find a way to avoid it? It'll be on a Monday at about 2-3 in the afternoon.
Thank you!

Avoid!!11!! :smile:

Where about in Braintree? There are quite a few options :smile: Might also consider staying above Braintree and travelling via Pebmarsh/Bures though this is probably more 'scenic' :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom