1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some minor paint to the frame

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Tynan, 18 Feb 2008.

1. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

the planned new bike is close enough to claret to tempt me into adding some sky blue hoops for a West Ham stylee look

Condor want £100 to do that, searching this forum recommends someone in Hither Green but that's not awful local for me

Don;t want to try myself in case it goes wrong and looks like someone had a go and arsed it up

I'm based in E4

ta

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

West Ham? Why? Just why?

3. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

You can't have West Ham and style in the same sentence.

......and no I can't help with the painting either ;)

4. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Perhaps you could find some strips of adhesive plastic the right colour and stick them on. Then if you screwed it up you could just peel them off again...

5. OP
    OP
    Tynan

Tynan Veteran

blimey

thanks for all that help

West Ham and style don't go together

oh my sides

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

West Ham are the definition of style, go for it Tynan.

A clubmate from years back had his frame sprayed claret with light blue stays and forks and it looked terrific.

7. kyuss

kyuss Über Member

£100 for some blue hoops!;) Robbers!

Get yourself down to your nearest signmakers and buy a few strips of thin vinyl. Can't see it being more than £10 and at least it can be removed if West Ham start slipping down the league.

8. ransos

ransos Usual suspect

That's a great idea. My frame is blue so perhaps I should go for claret hoops to look like the away kit.

9. OP
    OP
    Tynan

Tynan Veteran

suspect Condor are very very busy and the paint dept don't open a tin of paint for less than £100, fair enough

budget is already stretched sadly or I'd go for a total paint job

and sir's support for West Ham is not conditional on where they are in the league(s)

ciclos uno are fairly near me and seem to have or have access to a fancy dan paint dept, other than being extraordinarily hard to get in touch with, they might be my option, you've put that idea in my head now smokin, i was going for discrete, perhaps full on gauche is called for