Some Pics I Took At The Geneva Motor Show..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice pictures. Thanks.
Being slightly anal, if I was the head of some of those car companies, I would be taking to one side those responsible for the final preparation and bending their ears. If your car is to be photographed and potentially seen by millions, at least have the wheels and tyres symmetrically placed.
2 at the front and 2 at the back?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's a stunning car, I never realised that it was a re-make. I thought it was a 70's model, restored. But your right it looks too modern, lovely though..

Yeah it looks a lot smoother and the headlamps are different for sure , still makes me go all funny

beepbeep

the classic cars are great - particularly the fiat Abarth.....but the concepts and pocket rockets do nothing for me.....and in a couple of years time KW rather than HP will be the ''thing''

I had the chance of driving a Veyron last summer....the power and acceleration made me sick it was so violent and the ride was absolutely terrible....driving over a pebble made you fell like it was jumping in the air even with the active suspension ....and at over a £1,000,000 a pop I can't see the point.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Wonderful examples of engineering, technology and design/style. I used to drool over 'Supercars' once (and there are still some that stir the loins), but now I just think - Why?
They are becoming dinosaurs with little merit in the future. Sure kW will be the thing of the future, but performance electric cars will still consume more resources to get people from A to B than the mundane. With the decline of the ICE, we should be bringing about a complete reappraisal of personal transport and the vehicle as a status/lifestyle symbol.
Then we can appreciate these 'beauties' in a living museum.

Wonderful examples of engineering, technology and design/style. I used to drool over 'Supercars' once (and there are still some that stir the loins), but now I just think - Why?
They are becoming dinosaurs with little merit in the future. Sure kW will be the thing of the future, but performance electric cars will still consume more resources to get people from A to B than the mundane. With the decline of the ICE, we should be bringing about a complete reappraisal of personal transport and the vehicle as a status/lifestyle symbol.
Then we can appreciate these 'beauties' in a living museum.

Hmmm, yes and no.

For personal use on the road, they're right up there with the chocolate tea pot. But for motorsports, then of course - and for homologation purposes, they have to make a certain number of vehicles, and, depending on the series concerned, a certain percentage of those examples must be road legal. Or they must all be road legal, with a certain number then converted for motorsport use.

Endurance racing is looking at returning to supercar / hypercar based machinery after a long spell with prototypes, but going by previous week's Autosport, that looks up in the air now...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hmmm, yes and no.

For personal use on the road, they're right up there with the chocolate tea pot. But for motorsports, then of course - and for homologation purposes, they have to make a certain number of vehicles, and, depending on the series concerned, a certain percentage of those examples must be road legal. Or they must all be road legal, with a certain number then converted for motorsport use.

Endurance racing is looking at returning to supercar / hypercar based machinery after a long spell with prototypes, but going by previous week's Autosport, that looks up in the air now...
Endurance racing needs to be looking to electricity....

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
This car was fully electric, I can't remember what it was, but it costs a mint. It was stunning in the flesh, a touch of retro. I still can't see the point as surely the attraction of these cars is the engine note. I agree with all of the comments, things have went too far. If I ever came into a stupid amount of money I'd be happy with a Nissan GTR. It goes like ..... but can still be used daily, is not stupid money for what it is, I would guess it doesn't break down much either. If you can get past the looks, which I personally like, like all the previous Skyline's, the R34 GTR being my favourite. I like the new Supra too, shame it's powered by a BMW engine, not that it is a bad thing, it looks way better a Z4 too, just in my very humble opinion

One of the busiest stands by a mile, was Alfa Romeo. I guess this is what many normal people with taste would like to own, the Guilia is a stunning car. They've missed a trick having no Sportwagon though..

View attachment 456955

D

Deleted member 23692

The Stratos, de-seamed Mini and Abarth 124 are the pick of those for me.

I prefer proper cars over those super/hyper ones any day of the week

Top Bottom