Some say she's ugly!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
no, why would it???  put the saddle flat and lower the stem , it wont be any more uncomfty.     or just get a nicer stem which is vertical instead of pointing towards your head . :/
I was joking but, speaking as someone who has his own saddle tilted slightly down and his stem flipped upwards precisely because it is more comfy, I don't agree!

I had my saddle tilted too much though, and now it is a subtle tilt, not as much as huttster's.

I agree that flipped stems don't look as good as horizontal ones, but if you have as many spacers as you can fit below your stem and your bars are still too low then you don't have a lot of choice (other than buying new forks or bike). I don't think having a huge stack of spacers looks good either. Ideally, manufacturer's would produce more bikes with extra head tube length for those of us who don't like to get down low.

scott s10

i know i hate the spacers look . lol. i just cut the excess off , but i dont use it for recreational use i only race on it so i suppose its a bit different. my dad was scared shi*less when he was cutting the excess steerer off my look 595 lol

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Most modern bikes are pretty damn ugly in my view, thick tubes, horrid straight forks and overall cumbersome, inelegant look...

Give a something older and in steel anyday!!

Withdraws to safe distance and dons tin hat!
whistling.gif

OP
OP
huttster

huttster

Would love to be able to get down low but probably not as young and bendy as scott s10,also only got it sat so still in process of setting up,feels comfy as is though but only done a 30 mile run and a twenty,gonna time myself over 10 miles soon as,was doing it in 32mins on my claude butler levante hybrid race whilst commuting with rucksack,probably not gonna race,would'nt know how to start,just love riding as fast as!

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Here's a compromise - my fairly modern steel bike with slightly oversized tubing. And yes, a flipped stem and tilted back bars!

crud-roadracer-fenders-mudguards-fitted-to-bike.jpg

Better....
laugh.gif

Top Bottom