Some Scottish inspiration......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
John Muir way is a cracking route as seen by numerous videos on YouTube. The Argyll Trail, is for experienced cyclists only, in my opinion, although our very own @Pat "5mph" will tell you differently, which I think is a clue to her experience. Finally, to throw a real belter into the mix, what about the Hebridean Way? I'm doing that later this year, just trying to work out which direction to do it in.
This may be the year to do the Hebridean Way with the Cal Mac boat issues. The Internet has ruined many a good route. Our club used to do the Hebrides over the Christmas and New year holidays, mainly due to the lack of icy roads. A few years later , things changed as the Castaway television program highlighted the islands ,Berneray and the Gatlif trust hostels became bucket list item's.

Slick

Guru
This may be the year to do the Hebridean Way with the Cal Mac boat issues. The Internet has ruined many a good route. Our club used to do the Hebrides over the Christmas and New year holidays, mainly due to the lack of icy roads. A few years later , things changed as the Castaway television program highlighted the islands ,Berneray and the Gatlif trust hostels became bucket list item's.

Yeah, no doubt, but we complained for years about not generating enough tourism, especially to our islands. (Maybe excluding Balimory)

The days of having Scotland to ourselves are over, and I think that is a good thing, mostly. :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yeah, no doubt, but we complained for years about not generating enough tourism, especially to our islands. (Maybe excluding Balimory)

The days of having Scotland to ourselves are over, and I think that is a good thing, mostly. :laugh:

All things in moderation would be good. Being totally overrun is not good especially if you happen to live under it.

Sallar55

Veteran
We have always had the tourists but our tourism industry never understood the Europeans . If you want to eat out its a gamble , eating after 8pm was always an issue up north. Here in Spain try eating out before 8pm away from the resorts .

I think perhaps people missed that I was being just a little tongue in cheek.

Please don't get Krankie about it.

Top Bottom