Some inspiration......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I stumbled across this channel recently and am thoroughly enjoying it. A young couple's attempt to travel from Alaska to Argentina, himself somewhat experienced, herself a bike adventuring virgin.
Pleasantly little talk of gear and lots of reality. Production standards are basic so it achieves a certain level of 'genuine'.

There's a general direction to go (south) but diversions kick in for interesting places, challenging weather or just a lack of enjoyment.
They're currently in México so there's still lots to come.

Lots of reminders about just how good bike adventures can be

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWpIfM4BJU

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks. Something to watch this evening 👍

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Nothing from them since episode 15 which is disappointing and worrying. Have they been carteled?
Ah now!
They're going section by section, then posting a video. It takes time. A bit like a proper bike tour. ;)

(Good to see you again!)
What a lovely little series filmed by a very lovely, very likable, very engaging couple who don't over talk to the camera, letting the stunning views do a lot of the talking.
Thanks again @HobbesOnTour
De nada.
These are the kinds of vids that appeal to me. Real people doing real things and we get to be happy passengers. If they can do it, then why can't anyone else?
There's a particularly relaxed vibe from this couple that is quite comforting.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm now up to date with all the episodes. Looking forward to the next instalment.
My partner loved it too.
Also paging @Cathryn , if you haven't seen this thread and this series. I think you'll absolutely love it.

Jameshow

Veteran
Wow I watched a snippet and it looks fantastic!

The remoteness would get to me I think definitely need a buddy!

Slick

Guru
I stumbled across this channel recently and am thoroughly enjoying it. A young couple's attempt to travel from Alaska to Argentina, himself somewhat experienced, herself a bike adventuring virgin.
Pleasantly little talk of gear and lots of reality. Production standards are basic so it achieves a certain level of 'genuine'.

There's a general direction to go (south) but diversions kick in for interesting places, challenging weather or just a lack of enjoyment.
They're currently in México so there's still lots to come.

Lots of reminders about just how good bike adventures can be

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWpIfM4BJU

Just watched it and subscribed to make sure I see the rest.

I know its not the point, but nice to see the ice roads not covered in snow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow I watched a snippet and it looks fantastic!

The remoteness would get to me I think definitely need a buddy!

I've done the deserts of the Western USA a few times, and until you've actually been it's very hard to express how actual remote some of it is. I travelled what is called 'The Loneliest Road In America' in Utah, Highway 50. 250 miles of....not much of anything. During our car road trip we did come across a lone cyclist also doing the route. Of course we stopped, had a chat and gave him a couple of bottle of water.

Jameshow

Veteran
I've done the deserts of the Western USA a few times, and until you've actually been it's very hard to express how actual remote some of it is. I travelled what is called 'The Loneliest Road In America' in Utah, Highway 50. 250 miles of....not much of anything. During our car road trip we did come across a lone cyclist also doing the route. Of course we stopped, had a chat and gave him a couple of bottle of water.

Approx west Yorkshire to Dorset!!

Top Bottom