Some times I'm lost for words

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Maybe daddy wants to be one of these...
pyramid.png

That's nothing, when I was a lad, my dad used to put me on his shoulders, and climb up a ladder onto scaffolding, whilst carrying a hod of bricks and a shovel full of cement in his teeth.

Yeah, but that was when dads were proper dads.........................

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I saw this at work earlier, and told colleagues I didn't agree with him being called a cyclist.

To me a cyclist is someone who has a passion for their pastime, devotes hours to it, rides responsibly and treasures their steeds.

I tried to explain the POB angle, but they were having none of it....so thanks to that dickhead, the image of 'cycling' just got worse

Twilkes

Guru
The way I currently cycle I wouldn't be happy with a trailer or tagalong wheel for a child to sit on, but I'm sure I saw one once where the child seat was just in front of the handlebars above the front wheel (may have been a small front-wheeled bike, although probably not a Grifter). I'd be kind of happy with that, as we could both see what was going on, and he/she/it would be physically close to me, and more importantly I could actually see whether he/she/it had tipped over/fallen out/was drinking sneaky beers while I wasn't watching.

Does this kind of thing exist?

I've seen some ridiculous cycling with kids in trailers, and the seats above the rear wheel tend to bounce them around like they're a sack of potatoes.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The child in the pic provided some much needed light coloured clothing on an overcast day, so in that respect the hapless infant was making a positive contribution to road safety.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Pale Rider - you are correct - I bet he didn't get any SMIDSY's that day!

(So now I just need an inflatable child perched on my shoulders to increase my safety - well until everyone starts copying me).

People like the individual pictured in that article strike me as the kind who carry small children on their knee in the car. The adult is wearing a seat belt but the child is unsecured, but that's ok because bad things only happen to other people.

Top Bottom