Someone Desperate in Hackney!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankpoet

Regular
I was gobsmacked to find my grey, 5 year old, with rusty nuts and bolts, scratched and scuffed but perfectly functional Carrera Subway had been nicked from outside the pub (Royal Inn on the Park) last night (8th October) between 6.45pm and 8.50 pm. I deliberately left it scruffy to deter theft and had it secured by a thick Kyptonite cable lock but perhaps times are hard and the scum that nick bikes are making more of an effort for less return.

If you see one advertised and it is missing the rubber on the suspension seat post please message me, many thanks.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I deliberately left it scruffy to deter theft and had it secured by a thick Kyptonite cable lock
There-in lies your big mistake. If you locked it up with a half decent lock (but many argue a cable lock is NOT even half decent) then you are advertising the bikes true value despite your half hearted attempts to disguise it. If you had tied it up with a piece of washing line then nobody would have looked twice at it and it would still be there waiting to whisk you home after your evenings entertainment :tongue:

On a serious note, bad luck and I hope you get your bike back safely and the stealing scrote gets his just comeuppance.

PS. You are SURE you haven't just mislaid it in a drunken fog aren't you?

Sara_H

Guru
I was gobsmacked to find my grey, 5 year old, with rusty nuts and bolts, scratched and scuffed but perfectly functional Carrera Subway had been nicked from outside the pub (Royal Inn on the Park) last night (8th October) between 6.45pm and 8.50 pm. I deliberately left it scruffy to deter theft and had it secured by a thick Kyptonite cable lock but perhaps times are hard and the scum that nick bikes are making more of an effort for less return.

If you see one advertised and it is missing the rubber on the suspension seat post please message me, many thanks.
Bad luck! My main bike (a dawes mojave) is worth very little, but I still always use very good locks, it's just not worth the inconvenience of it being stolen. Shouldn't be neceserry, but it is unfortunately.

OP
OP
Crankpoet

Crankpoet

Regular
I suppose 5 years wiuth a cable lock had left me a bit complacent - more fool me! My road bike gets a u lock which is very serious but then it looks nickable! I am now wiser...........

Top Bottom