Someone didn't think this through?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a certain paedophile GlamRock star was a local.... the new Marks and Spencer children's t-shirt is open to interpretation.

A couple of parents were having a heated discussion about it

IMG_1696_zps666964ff.jpg

ScotiaLass

Guru
As a certain paedophile GlamRock star was a local.... the new Marks and Spencer children's t-shirt is open to interpretation.

A couple of parents were having a heated discussion about it

IMG_1696_zps666964ff.jpg
Noooooooooo!!!!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had a similar discussion with some mates at in a pub at Christmas about whether it was appropriate for the pub stereo to be playing Rock and Roll Christmas by Gary Glitter.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'd be more concerned with the styles of clothing that are now available for little girls.

brand

And wouldn't most of the parents buying this be too young to remember Gary Glitter? Or did he have a second life in public after his predilections were exposed?

I think the BBC favourite presenters death may have brought him back into the limelight!

hoopdriver

Guru
Yes but the grown-ups will unhesitatingly make the connection. It's in bad taste at the very least.

And as I say, not that clever a slogan. Why design and sell something like that? The world is fill of far cleverer, less distasteful, possibilities.

MarkF

Guru
Kids love glitter.

People should stop spending so much effort in being outraged all the time.

Yes, fuss over nowt, my daughter was an arts/craft/glitter fan for years, I am sure GG never once entered my mind, get a grip people. ^_^

OP, where is the t-shirt on the M&S link that you provided?

hoopdriver

Guru
No one is suggesting we expunge the word glitter from the lexicon. Its use on a children's T-shirt and in a statement expressing the sentiment it does is inappropriate; the double entendre, whether intentional or not, is unmissable.

Top Bottom