Something a Bit Different for £1,500?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cashy293

Thanks Ste,

This is 57 cm frame. I used to have an Allez in a 56. According to the Focus website and Wheelbase where I bought it, 57cm is right for me (6ft with 32" inside leg). Feels a little stretched when I sit on it but that I hope is down to saddle / stem position so hopefully all will be sorted when I get fitted on it.

cashy293

When I bought my Felt I quite liked that I haven't seen any others around these parts. That wasn't a reason I bought it though.

That's pretty much my thinking. Wasn't the be all and end all that I dont see many Focus Cayo's about but after having an Allez which I see lots about, its nice to have something a little different.

Will get a bamboo frame next to keep Drago happy :tongue:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I nearly bought a felt! But then went for a bike at the top of its range - the Ventura Cp50.......(there's only one bike in the range mind). Oh and coz it was dirt cheap, never seen another one in the flesh yet!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I can't see why the Focus could be described as "something a bit different", or for that matter any bike that's carbon and around the 1500 quid bracket - they're all ubiquitous nowadays!

Go and get steel or get something custom built!
If the requirement is a Carbon Frame running Ultegra, then something a bit different within those parameters means something you don't see very often. This obviously differs from area to area, but around here there are very few indeed.

Wouldn't all steel frames at any price point be similar between brands too?

Leodis

Veteran
I would go down the Ribble path and build a bike to my own spec, you can't beat Ribble prices to spec over off the shelf jobbies which are a bit dull tbh. I would say this as I own a Ribble.

Top Bottom