Something has to be done.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Having had numerous broken bones from drivers, nothing is going to change.

She was lucky. Some of us are missing significant bits of our spine.

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry a close close pass is not good, but I find it so funny the first thing she thought of was to pull out a phone & film herself on how upset she was.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Sorry a close close pass is not good, but I find it so funny the first thing she thought of was to pull out a phone & film herself on how upset she was.
Some of history's most prominent and important people carried around a pen and paper to make entries into their diaries/journals on the fly, often describing their feelings. We learn so much about society and way of life from their time. These days I see no problem in documenting your life this way, its genuine in a world shrouded by fakery and celeb bollocks. I do however take exception to those who insist on filming others in distress instead of helping!

Slick

Guru
I do have mixed feelings about the whole crying on Facebook thing, a bit like the nurse coming off nightshift and couldn't get a toilet roll. We all get close passed but at the back end of lockdown, Mrs Slick asked me if this is what I have to put up with on every ride, it wasn't but it was a bad day with 3 really dangerous incidents and it did have an effect on how Mrs Slick rides her bike. If some cyclists have reservations about it, drivers certainly will but if it gains a bit of traction then I suppose it's fair enough.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Some of history's most prominent and important people carried around a pen and paper to make entries into their diaries/journals on the fly, often describing their feelings. We learn so much about society and way of life from their time. These days I see no problem in documenting your life this way, its genuine in a world shrouded by fakery and celeb bollocks. I do however take exception to those who insist on filming others in distress instead of helping!
Documenting your life on a camera is fine and I keep a journal on my laptop but it is not long lasting as paper and pencil was and will eventually disappear into the ether unless printed out. I would only film an accident scene if I was involved as it is a useful way of recording evidence.

D

Deleted member 26715

Some of history's most prominent and important people carried around a pen and paper to make entries into their diaries/journals on the fly, often describing their feelings.
But did they do that immediately or before they retired for the day, I have no idea which, never kept a diary/log/journal but I sort have the idea it's a musing at the end of each day, not grab your phone, film yourself in a look at me, look at me type of way. But then I am an old miserable old git, who doesn't understand the fascination with FB anyway.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
You find that funny? I don't see anything wrong with trying to raise awareness of how big an issue this is. She's not trying to promote how upset she was, but more how driving standards have gone done so much and how fed up of it she is. I'm like many of the commenters on her FB post that have given up road cycling before I get killed.

D

Deleted member 26715

You find that funny?
Yes, I could have sworn I did, actually checking back here's what I put
Does that clarify the situation for you, or do I need to repeat myself that I find it so funny the first thing she thought of was to pull out a phone & film herself on how upset she was.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
the first thing she thought of was to pull out a phone & film herself on how upset she was.

To be fair you don't know it was the first thing she did, she could have been sat at the side of the road for a while calming her self down before deciding to film her thoughts.

Don't you think she was been genuine ?

D

Deleted member 26715

Don't you think she was been genuine ?
It never crossed my mind it wasn't but now you mention it, possibly, it's a different life a different culture one which I do not understand nor wish to, bit like those who see a child fall into an animal enclosure, or someone getting beaten up, or numerous other things, instead of trying to help they film it & let the person/child/animal continue in their pain.

Top Bottom