Something I have been wondering about for ages, but

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
The M12 box at the side states the year in which the CE mark was applied to the glass, in this case 2012.
The 0126 number is the registration number for National Measurements Office – the official government body who verify the CE marking.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The M12 box at the side states the year in which the CE mark was applied to the glass, in this case 2012.
The 0126 number is the registration number for National Measurements Office – the official government body who verify the CE marking.

Yeah, I'm just saying what I have found - I have quite a few bought from charity shops and so on (but not all have numbers).

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
image.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
'Zat the pub it came from?? :giggle:
Spotted there.
Of course!

So, 1965 = East Ayrshire..... But with '478' underneath? Made in one place, inspected/registered in another?
In 2004 EU Measuring Instrument Directive required member countries to adopt a standardised European system of stamping beer glasses. This was implemented in October 2006 and so the crown has now gone from our beer glasses as has the number system begun in 1879.

classic33

Leg End Member
One is an 0846, but there are a couple with 0126. None are Carling though!! xx(

'Glass Spotting'.... Gripping stuff, I know!
An idea for a game to play on pubcrawls. Everyone tots up the numbers on their successive beer glasses, takes the average, and the winner gets bought a drink by everyone else!

classic33

Leg End Member
The Man That Waters the Workers’ Beer
I’m the man, the very fat man
That waters the workers’ beer
Yes, I’m the man, the very fat man
That waters the workers’ beer
What do I care if it makes them ill?
Or it makes them terribly queer?
I’ve a car, a yacht
And an aeroplane
And I waters the workers’ beer

A drop of good beer is good for a man
Who’s thirsty, tired, and hot
And sometimes I has a drop for myself
From a very special lot
But a fat and healthy working class
Is the the thing that I most fear
So I reaches my hand for the water tap
And I waters the workers’ beer.

Words by Paddy Ryan to “Son of a Gambolier”, better known as the “Ramblin’ Wreck”

Top Bottom