Something I have been wondering about for ages, but

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sell by date?
That'd mean 1966 is past it then!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You need to get out more MDB.

..... Get out more to the pub you mean??

I can see the perfect combination of elements here you see! :whistle:

1973 & 1974 (Inverclyde) must be rare finds. I think they are all lying in pieces on the cycle tracks of Greenock and Port Glasgow.
Actually no, Buckie is best direct by the neck, apparently. And most of the glass is green.

I can imagine there will be other areas where they are rare too!! I am still curious to know how.... Where the regional ones were marked though.

classic33

Leg End Member
..... Get out more to the pub you mean??

I can see the perfect combination of elements here you see! :whistle:

I can imagine there will be other areas where they are rare too!! I am still curious to know how.... Where the regional ones were marked though.
Either at the manufacturers(obvious reasons) or a sample taken away by local officers for testing.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
They'll be on to apple stickers before you know it. (4101 on my Braeburn today).

I know someone who used to collect them.

They had a toaster COVERED in them!!

No marks on this Victorian pewter with 'blown in the wood' glass but it looks the part

DSC00234.JPG

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I also have a classic design dimpled glass I had forgotten about from Ravenshead. It doesn't have a date, just the crown, with 'Pint' above and 478 below.

I'll need to get some dark stuff to pour into the glasses I have..... Purely for illustrative and photographic purposes, of course!! :laugh:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I also have a class design dimpled glass I had forgotten about from Ravenshead. It doesn't have a date, just the crown, with 'Pint' above and 478 below.

I'll need to get some dark stuff to pour into the glasses I have..... Purely for illustrative and photographic purposes, of course!! :laugh:
478 St Helens

Top Bottom