Something in me eye.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Dont know where your local A&E is, but if you are within the orbit of Carlisle,they generally have staff particularly concerned with eye injuries and the treatment is outstandingly good,as is the Opthalmology Dept-never hesitate-your eyes are so important-so go-NOW:thumbsup:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
If you haven't been to hospital already @User9609 try crying ... a lot!
Cut some onions or something.
I had the same btw, a few weeks ago. Took about a week to go, with lots of eye baths and crying.
Then I went for an eye test, all good.
You really should get it seen too .... I didn't, I usually give ailments a few months before seeking medical advice, NOT recommended! :laugh:

young Ed

Veteran
[QUOTE 3519450, member: 9609"]I phoned up and they say they are open all night, can be up to a 4 hour wait, but are quiet at the mo. So we're heading over there, no way I can sleep with this, far too irratationg. take a flask and some bickies in case there is a wait.[/QUOTE]
thank god you have come to your senses! :tongue:
all a&e's are open 24/7 so far as i know as last tme i checked silly people get stuff stuck in there eyes any time of the day and night and it may take them until late to decide to go and have it looked at! or people who decide to almost break there wrist tripping over there own foot outside asda (not like i did!)
Cheers Ed

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 3519474, member: 9609"]wish you had told me that earlier, but we're on a deadline now, wife says if we don't go now, she going to bed and thats that, end of...[/QUOTE]
Eh, eh, sorry I logged in late ^_^
Have a good trip, hope all will be well, keep us posted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you don't fancy the A&E trip, you could always poke at it with a pin until you get it out.
or a rusty nail
I managed to flick a rusty nail into one of my eyes when I worked in a factory in the 1980s - I definitely do not recommend it! The pain was excrutiating and the eyelids immediately swelled up and closed the eye. I thought I had blinded myself in that eye.

I was rushed to the nearest A&E and the doctor who treated me let out a low whistle after prising open the eyelids and staining the surface of the eyeball to show up whatever damage had been caused. The tip of the nail had gone right across the eye, scratching the surface but not puncturing it!

I was given some kind of antiseptic/antibiotic cream for the eye and told to wear an eye patch for a week. The eye hurt for a few days, but no lasting harm was done ...

User9609 - get thee to the hospital!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
[QUOTE 3519239, member: 9609"]Got something in my eye this afternoon, looks like a tiny little white thing on the iris, got any suggestions on dislodgeing it. [/QUOTE]

Give it 24 hours and it'll have eaten enough of your eye to burrow free and fly away on it's own, leaving you blind in one eye.

Or you could just GO TO THE farkING HOSPITAL!

GC

A trick I have used since childhood to remove foreign bodies from my eye is to lift one eyelid over the top of the other using fingers.
Top lid over bottom lid then bottom over top. The manoeuvre seems to make the eye water without actually touching it and the offending speck is deposited on the top of the eyelid which has been pushed under the other one.

Hospital is still the best idea, but this trick has helped me on numerous occasions.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A trick I have used since childhood to remove foreign bodies from my eye is to lift one eyelid over the top of the other using fingers.
Top lid over bottom lid then bottom over top. The manoeuvre seems to make the eye water without actually touching it and the offending speck is deposited on the top of the eyelid which has been pushed under the other one.

Hospital is still the best idea, but this trick has helped me on numerous occasions.
If you need a watery eye, couldn't you just pour water into it? :whistle:

Actually, they're not. I know a number of A&E departments with restricted opening hours...
Yep my local one is a minor injuries a&e which until recently was 8-6pm only. We now get 8am to 9pm there, but most of the places I have lived the closest a&e was a minor injuries unit only including when I live in the lakes. In fact some of the places I have lived the best place to go if you needed something like above or even stitches was actually to the doctor's surgery where they could deal with it for you provided there was no need for x-rays etc.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
You did the right thing, I'm glad it's sorted. I got jabbed in the eye by the end of a cable tie many years ago, and although it was just a small scratch it took a good five years before I felt it was fully healed. I would still wake up in the morning feeling like there was something there, or I'd rub it and it would start to hurt again. You really can't be too careful with your eyes, it's always worth getting them properly checked out..

Top Bottom