Something in me eye.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
You did the right thing, I'm glad it's sorted. I got jabbed in the eye by the end of a cable tie many years ago, and although it was just a small scratch it took a good five years before I felt it was fully healed. I would still wake up in the morning feeling like there was something there, or I'd rub it and it would start to hurt again. You really can't be too careful with your eyes, it's always worth getting them properly checked out..
Corneal abrasion. I get it too. I have a repeat prescription of eye drops so I don't get dry eyes which is when it is most likely to recur.

Glad you got it sorted, Reiver!

young Ed

Veteran
we told you to go @User9609! anyway glad all is good now :smile:
Cheers Ed

midlife

Guru
Glad it's sorted :smile:. Best to take the antibiotic which I guess is chloramphenicol even if it feels OK at the moment.
Yep, corneal abrasion, walked into a tree at the bottom of our garden and poked my eye on a twig, 3 years of waking up and pulling a bit of cornea off again. Thankfully eventually healed .....

Shaun

Hyslop

Veteran
Very pleased for you,excellent:thumbsup:.I always feel that A&E is where the tough stuff is done,and with one or two exceptions, Carlisle staff are seemingly blessed with a liking for people,certainly a sense of humour.One young,female doctor I met, whilst supremely professional,had the air of an imp,a rascal.Im on the side of rascals!That said Im a bit of your mind re the NHS but I agree with you here,good on "em.

Hyslop

Veteran
Are you a regular at Carlisle A&E Mr Hyslop :smile:

Shaun
Only by dint of the fact that my elderly Mother has been a regular over the last 15 months or so!Such that,had it not been for the fact that the lady on Reception is bound to ask for relevant details from next of kin,she could have filled in the info herself!! But,always the same kind, polite reception.Same thing in the ward itself.The only thing that has ever annoyed me about the A&E is the demeaning and pathetic method of soliciting public feedback.A system of putting a nice little token in a little box(each displaying a face suggesting an emotion,sad happy etc)according to your perception of the service you have received,that or a poorly copied and appallingly designed form.I filled such a form out at 0330 ish one night and laid out clearly but not concisely,from a management perspective precisely what I thought of the swivel eyed cretins who had initiated the form,and just for balance,exactly what I thought of the staff.Seemed to cause some amusement and its the only time I am ever likely to be applauded by medics!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Very pleased for you,excellent:thumbsup:.I always feel that A&E is where the tough stuff is done,and with one or two exceptions, Carlisle staff are seemingly blessed with a liking for people,certainly a sense of humour.One young,female doctor I met, whilst supremely professional,had the air of an imp,a rascal.Im on the side of rascals!
Yes - very good news!

When I was admitted to the A&E ward in Halifax after clotting the first time, a doctor looked at my chart the next day and saw that my Warfarin treatment had not been started. He shouted across the ward - "Nurse, why hasn't Colin been given his rat poison yet!" I thought it was funny, but I can imagine that alarming some patients ...

When I clotted for the second time, I ended up at Northampton General A&E (I was visiting my sister at the time). They did a blood test to test for clotting and I waited with my sister for the results ...

Some time later, a doctor returned clutching some paperwork. He looked me up and down, leaned forwards and said "Tell me Colin, is there any chance whatsoever that you might be pregnant?"

My sister looked stunned - a real jaw-dropping WTF! moment. I looked at her, and said ... "Oh damn - I know what that means!"

I told her that pregnancy can mess up the results of the D-dimer blood test and that my results clearly were not normal! The doctor laughed, then composed himself and told me that the numbers were extremely high and they needed to admit me for further tests. Again - I thought it was funny, but that was only because I already knew that I was going to be get a positive result. (I was struggling for breath, which told me that the clots had come back.)

I would rather be treated by staff that were trying to lighten the mood where possible, than by somebody looking incredibly sombre and scaring me half to death!

Top Bottom