Something to hold brake on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
A while back I saw a video where someone propped their bike up with a pole and clipped the front brake on and the whole thing looked solid as a rock.

Since then I've been googling and searching for what sort of clip would hold the brake on - without success.

Any pointers? Obviously, being a plonker, I've forgotten where I saw it...

Thanks.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A toe strap or cam buckle strap will do it, or there are a few brake levers with push button locks on.

A while back I saw a video where someone propped their bike up with a pole and clipped the front brake on and the whole thing looked solid as a rock.

Since then I've been googling and searching for what sort of clip would hold the brake on - without success.

Any pointers? Obviously, being a plonker, I've forgotten where I saw it...

Thanks.
The device is a clickstand. He supplies you with 2 strong elastics. Currently I'm using an elastic that people use to tie their hair. A hairband?

robgul

Legendary Member
A friend has a clothes peg that attaches to the cable outer when the bike is being ridded - when parked he pulls the brake lever back and pokes the peg into the gap to keep the lever in tension and the brake one! Concept is great but the execution could be a little tidier (and of course the colour of the pego could be co-ordinated with the bike colour :laugh:)

Rob

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Arnt cable ties cheap enough to use and bin afterwards? Depending on how long you want to leave it on there I guess

D

Deleted member 26715

Don't trikes have a front brake that has a lever that comes over to keep it on?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
How about this? It's a third hand brake tool which holds the blocks tight against the rim, could just as easily do the job for the OP;

Last edited:
Top Bottom