Something to read during the long dark nights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Rather belatedly, I just posted the last few pages of an account of our End-to-End ride last summer here.

Have a read. I would say let me know what you think, but I know you'll all do that anyway!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nice oneUncle Phil, a good read and a good trip. The only thing I would say is that it has confirmed my preference to camp on the continent - you seem to have found a lot of the sites or owners or fellow campers less than perfect .

jdthebrit

Uncle Phil said:
Rather belatedly, I just posted the last few pages of an account of our End-to-End ride last summer here.

Have a read. I would say let me know what you think, but I know you'll all do that anyway!

Great write-up Phil.
I went touring Liverpool, Bowland, Cumbria,Northumberland, North York Moors,Grantham last summer.
Camp site only once in a month - a complete waste of money in my book when you can wild camp or ask the farmer for permission.
I used BR twice long distance and was myself impressed by their bike carriages.Then back to Southern Poland by cycle routes and train. France is shite for trains as far as cycles are concerned and the Germans mean well but don't have enough space on their trains for cycles.
What the Germans do have in summer is this "Crystal Night" promotion on summer weekends which means from Friday night to Sunday morning you can travel anywhere on DeutscheBundesbahn (non-express) for 39 Euros......

Top Bottom