Sometime This Week...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
...I should be back on the bike.

Finger unbandaged today so I can get a glove on, just need to let the flesh firm up again so I can give a hefty squeeze on the front brake and I'll be rolling. Just now I look like an extra from "The Day of The Zombies".

It's been five inactive weeks with some gloriously sunny days of utter frustration.

Katherine

Guru

Finger unbandaged today so I can get a glove on, just need to let the flesh firm up again so I can give a hefty squeeze on the front brake and I'll be rolling. Just now I look like an extra from "The Day of The Zombies".

It's been five inactive weeks with some gloriously sunny days of utter frustration.
Good luck!

Trust me, I feel your frustration acutely. 12 weeks to go...minimum.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Look on it as a good excuse for not going cycling in the cold and wet. That's how I've been coping with it.

Brisk walking will help to reduce the loss of fitness. Even half an hour is beneficial.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I had an operation on my neck some years ago

.Didnt affect my legs but stopped me looking behind for several weeks .

When I couldn't get anyone to ride behind and watch my back I got a mirror.

Looking back it was dangerous as the mirror must be backed up with looking behind at the time I was desperate to get out on the bike.

Good Luck on the first ride Smokin.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just back from my first ride in exactly six months. As I wrote above, brisk walking has kept the leg muscles good although there's some loss of cardiovascular fitness. The arms and shoulders felt weak though, especially the injured shoulder where I've started building up bulk after complete loss of muscle.

Top Bottom