Sometimes I pretend the zombies are after me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
That's sooo mean.

Possibly.... But no defence was mounted In fact a tacit admission was made

icowden

Veteran
In Zombiesrun, those zombies are fast. They run 10% faster than the speed you were running when they caught your scent!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In Zombiesrun, those zombies are fast. They run 10% faster than the speed you were running when they caught your scent!

It's just not right - fast Zombies in Maze Runner (spoiler - they appear in the second one)

Startled a badger last night - he scarpered into the undergrowth as I passed, but I could hear him scuttling along near me, let's say the pedal was to the metal - they have powerful jaws.

classic33

Leg End Member
To make my riding even more exciting, sometimes I pretend there are zombies out there to get me. And then I get to a busy part of town and don't need to pretend any more because the humans take over. Wowzer!
They caught up to you yet?

potsy

Rambler
Not yet. But yesterday I watched Shaun of the Dead and I got a few pointers.
Best zombie film ever ^_^

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Most of this morning I've been commuting early around 5am. It's dark. It's quiet. I have to keep my wits about me.

It was just out of habit that I looked behind me (I always look behind even with slight direction changes) and noticed a zombie walking slowly towards me. The critter nearly got me too, that was close.

Did a zombie run a few years back that was amazing - so good that it permanently altered how I perceive areas of Glasgow.
I was a zombie actor the day before so Sauchiehall Street will forever be "the place where I did zombie moans and lurched after random people" aka a standard Saturday night for most Glaswegians.

In fairness there are plenty of places up here where riding as if zombies are after you is not only a fun way to ride but a necessary one. If Strava was around when a bunch of yobs tried to grab me and I got a glass bottle thrown at my head and I'd probably be KOM on that road.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Am I right in thinking that Zombies cannot or don't run, so being chased whilst you are on a bike should not be too much of a problem?
With the 'Walking Dead', I've often thought that either breaking into a light jog or riding a bike would defeat them.

captain nemo1701

Depends if you're watching The Walking Dead or World War Z.

Peter Capaldi was in that (awful) film playing a World Health Organisation Doctor...that's a WHO Doctor:okay:....is that a tumblweed?.....
BTW, amazing how Brad Pitt survived a plane crash that presumably killed everyone else. Lucky seat, eh?.

captain nemo1701

To make my riding even more exciting, sometimes I pretend there are zombies out there to get me. And then I get to a busy part of town and don't need to pretend any more because the humans take over. Wowzer!

Well, if we're talking making riding more fun, I like to imagine my trusty steed is a starship. Here's a brief rundown of various speeds:

Maneuvering thrusters - weaving in & out of peds on the cyclepath
Impulse power - filtering (with reduction to above sometimes)
and of course...warp speed = downhill with a wind behind me^_^

Top Bottom