Sometimes I wish I'd got a helmet camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Had a ‘classic’ today.

08:30, Dual carriageway, approaching a RAB with 3-4 vehicles stood at the entries. I’m about 30m away, primary, slowing. Its been a downhill to that point and I’ve been doing ≈35mph. I’ve got a nice wide rear profile as I’ve got a fully loaded offside pannier

Car overtakes 6” from my elbow!!

And within seconds is the last vehicle in the queue at the RAB ……

Strange thing is, I’m an extremely quiet bloke. Anything for a quiet life, don’t like arguments.

But this guy got a knock on his window and a query as to his knowledge of the existence of the highway code.

“I gave you plenty of room”

“Obviously not, that was the closest overtake I’ve had in the last year. You’re supposed to leave a minimum of 3 foot!”

“Gave you as much as I could, I was being overtaken by a guy on the outside.”

“In that case you shouldn’t have even being attempting an overtake. Gained you loads of time in this queue didn’t it?”

At this point the car in front of him entered the RAB and gave him his escape route.

Figured this was the best time to get off the road for a minute and chill, before carrying on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's a classic - I wa sout on Sunday, climbing the long drag up to home and the road is not very wide, so I was a well out, not quite primary as most of the cars are doing 50 up the hill. Could see a truck coming down, next thing a mini whizzes past and cuts in, just missing me - blooming Driving School car - just shook my fist at him....hoping that the instructor would see it in his mirror and give them a telling off - or it might have been the instructor....:smile:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Silly overtaking is endemic at the moment. I've had more in the last two weeks than I've had in the whole two years I've been commuting up to that point in time.

There's something in the air, obviously ;)

Top Bottom