...sometimes you find an image of the skill of frame building that makes you stop what you were doing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think I have mentioned before how green is a very popular colour for bikes but not for cars. I heard a long time ago that its considered unlucky. Something to do with the number of accidents involving green cars, so people stopped buying them. Look in any large car park and try to find green cars (other than the lime green which is almost a yellow). Solid green like this frame are quite rare now.
British Racing Green used to be very popular.

oldtel

Hi, seeming there is time to kill, seeing that seat cluster earlier reminded me of my early fifties CNC, good thread.
Thanks Terry

OP
OP
avecReynolds531

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Hi, seeming there is time to kill, seeing that seat cluster earlier reminded me of my early fifties CNC, good thread.
Thanks Terry View attachment 511013
Do you have photos of the full frame & if you wouldn't mind sharing the story of this bike please? I hadn't heard of the manufacturer at all - just found an entry at Classic Rendezvous and a link to a reader's bike at Classic Lightweights. Comptoirs National du Cycle - great name!

oldtel

Hi, it is a bike I picked up on ebay, just couldn't resist. During the time of this build ( early 50's) the name 'Special CNC' was only given to the top frames and built by there top frame builders, one of which ( at some point ) was Bernard Carre who learned his trade here, couldn't said if this was a Carre but the trademark Special CNC features were carried into his future work and direction. Early Special CNC's decals of this time were hand painted, so all in all a lovely frame and will be just be tidied sometime this year for some fixed riding. Thanks Terry

OP
OP
avecReynolds531

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Hi, it is a bike I picked up on ebay, just couldn't resist. During the time of this build ( early 50's) the name 'Special CNC' was only given to the top frames and built by there top frame builders, one of which ( at some point ) was Bernard Carre who learned his trade here, couldn't said if this was a Carre but the trademark Special CNC features were carried into his future work and direction. Early Special CNC's decals of this time were hand painted, so all in all a lovely frame and will be just be tidied sometime this year for some fixed riding. Thanks Terry View attachment 511176

Very informative - thanks, much appreciated. Gorgeous frame & colours.

OP
OP
avecReynolds531

avecReynolds531

Veteran

Top Bottom