Sometimes your life gets put back into perspective

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hi and hope your all well.
I can imagine we've all been there, in that we all live in our little bubble and that we moan and groan about things that are having a negative impact on our lives.
The cost of living, fuel and gas prices and the worries of keeping our heads above water. Sometimes we often do not see beyond any further than the end of our noses.
These last couple of weeks I've been exactly that.Ive been grumpy about my low wages, the constant bills landing on my door and battling to keep my old decrepted car going,,,, blah blah blah.
Last night I got home from work and my neighbour came out for a chat.She was clearly upset with tears rolling down her face ,so I invited her in for a cuppa tea and chat to find out what's wrong.
It turned out she just found out her mum had passed away and she had no one to talk to as she lives by herself. She spent a couple of hour's over at mine chatting unloading her grief bless her whilst I did my best to comfort her with her loss.

Today I have booked it as a holiday as I've got the Dentist and my car was due in the local garage again for some maintenance work.
Dropping the car off, the friendly garage owner came out to greet me but was looking rather somber.
I asked if everything was okay and he said he couldn't sort my car today.
His cancer has come back and he's having part of is lung removed in the coming days and he didn't want to leave any loose ends of unfinished jobs in his work shop as he's just a one man band.
Absolutely no problem at all I said.The car's a piece of metal and your health is infinity more important.
We sat in his office and chatted for ages about what he's going through.
Back home it strikes me to thinking "what the hell have I got to moan about in life"
I've got a job, I've got my health, and I can enjoy my cycling when I please.
When watching the news of all the hardships of the people in Ukraine and seeing people around me struggling at the moment I'm really quite lucky and should be great full instead of moaning about my trivial problems.
All the very best,
Johnny

Nice post. 😍👍

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
There's some wise words @HobbesOnTour that everyone should take on board.
In fact I read your post twice to fully take it in.
Sometimes when we're busy at work or life in general,we often don't notice other people's acts of kindness. We can be all rolled up in our bubble of dealing with our immediate issues to not notice the kindness and help others are offering.
As you say it's a good idea to sit down at the end of the day and take stock of them

Top Bottom