Glow worm
Squire
- Location
- Near Newmarket
Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harem
I think the fact that the words were gibberish must have been apparent from the very first listen!
As if that weren't bad enough, theyre now running riot in Nigeria.
Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harem
I think the fact that the words were gibberish must have been apparent from the very first listen!
One of the country's greatest lyricists in my mind... if not, thee greatest lyricist.He never wrote a bad lyric![]()
Ha ha - I was just thinking of Billericay Dickie!I heard once that Ian Dury used to keep a box full of slips of paper, each bearing a rhyming couplet he'd come up with - Bolshoi Ballet/Ally Pally, Ribena, Hyena - and when he wanted to write a song, he'd start out by pulling them all out and starting to arrange them into some kind of order...
Had a love affair with Nina
In the back of my Cortina
A seasoned up hyena
Could not have been more obscener
She took me to the cleaners
And other misdemeanors
But I got right up between her
Rum and her Ribena
Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield is a personal favourite song of mine but the line "4am in the morning" sets my teeth on edge every time !
David Bowie used to write out a lyric sheet, then cut it up and re-arrange all the lines... this way he could turn cr@p lyrics inti utter sh!te... but none of the fans noticed so it was all OK in the end. Dunno what Bob Dylan's formula is/was... just write any old tosh I guess and some sucker will buy it... then they'll tell their friends to boy it too, and not wanting to appear uncool, they do... even that sh!te Xmas album!!!
Absolutely !Is that because of the tautology?