songs inspired by books

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
You seem quite well read Baggy.

For years I wondered why Robert Smith wrote a racist song about killing arabs until I heard the book, L'Etranger by Albert Camus, being discussed on Melvin Bragg, and then the penny dropped.

I just googled Steppenwolf the other day because I downloaded the Boney M song to my ipod. I thought it might be similar to a werewolf, but it turned out to be another arty book by Hermann Hesse.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
You were born to be wild yellow fang;)

Noodley

I'm sure those thieving untalented charlatans "U2" must have been blatant in their pursuit of "literature"...their early stuff was good, but then head was inserted in arse (is their a book about that? :eek::smile:)

Clicking fingers....twat!!:biggrin::thumbsup:!

mr Mag00

rising member
isnt there a led zep song that mention bits of 'the lord of the rings' but is that inspired by i dunno, i cant remember the song

Noodley

mr Mag00 said:
isnt there a led zep song that mention bits of 'the lord of the rings' but is that inspired by i dunno, i cant remember the song

You are not freaky enough :eek::biggrin:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2406/

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
There's loads...but one at a time:

This Charming Man - The Smiths.

Which book was this inspired by? There's a book titled This Charming Man writen by Marian Keyes, but it seems to be a chick book. Also it was published in 2008.

Top Bottom