Sonny Barger Takes The Highway To Hell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ralph "Sonny" Barger, de facto leader of the Hells Angels has died aged 83.

A violent drug dealer and probable murderer to boot (He once plotted to kill Mick Jagger) his notoriety made the gang a household name throughout the world, with chapters in virtually every country. The Angels were into drug dealing, gun running and extortion and at least in the sixties openly boasted about using gang rape as a weapon against the wives and girl friends of rivals.

Harley Davidson would probably have gone bust decades ago without having the "Allure" of their under performing and unreliable two wheel tractors as the Hells Angels mount of choice. Expect a Hells Angel style state funeral from his cohorts.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A few years ago, Sonny Barger admitted that the Angels had made a massive mistake choosing Harleys and that Hondas were vastly superior. Try telling that today to all the retired dentists posing on Highway One......

Arguably one of the most successful criminal enterprise ever. Legislators could not enact laws over a "motorcycle club" - a massive mental block. No witness dare testify against them as their intimidation was legendary. They used firearms and serious violence against rival motorcycle gang but not on Joe Public so it does not cause a "PR" issue with people demanding actions.

I bet that 4 out of 10 people think they are ok.

GuyBoden

Guru
I remember reading the Hunter Thompson book "Hell's Angels", where Hunter documents his time with the Hell's Angels and Sonny Barger in the 1960's. A good read by a good writer. But, a book from my youth.

I remember that Hunter bought a BSA motorbike when he joined/lived with the gang, he told Barger that it was a better, faster motorbike, than a Harley, which it was, but the Hell's Angels were not pleased with Hunter. They beatup Hunter eventually for many reasons, but who wouldn't. Hunter said he would buy Barger a keg of beer when the book was published, but Hunter never did. Barger never forgot.

Barger was wild, an outlaw, a criminal, but don't under estimate him, he was an intelligent man.

Yes, criminals can be intelligent too.

413Iay8AXML._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
Old news - he died last month.

Yeah, but Easter was late this year. :okay:

Old news - he died last month.

That the trouble with people. Don’t they know it is rude to comment, have an opinion or post or even mention once 24 hrs have passed. Its disgusting. And who really cares if others are not aware of it. We all know that by the age of 21, one must be acquainted with all news as it comes in. I say we get some mature individuals to keep track of old news and raise the alarm as soon as it is identified.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Arguably one of the most successful criminal enterprise ever. Legislators could not enact laws over a "motorcycle club" - a massive mental block. No witness dare testify against them as their intimidation was legendary. They used firearms and serious violence against rival motorcycle gang but not on Joe Public so it does not cause a "PR" issue with people demanding actions.

I bet that 4 out of 10 people think they are ok.
The same sort of people who think the Krays were nice guys really, just misunderstood.

Top Bottom