Sora STI/Flightdeck help please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
I've just picked up a pair of cheap new Sora STI levers on E Bay and noticed from the leaflet in the box that they are compatible with Flightdeck computers which allow cadence to be measured. Shimano's web site say that Soras are compatible with Flighdeck 6501s which seem to be unavailable? Does anybody know if the work with 6502's ( which are all over the place for about £25 ) I'm not bothered about the visual gear selection option on Flighdeck, I'm only running an 8 speed sprocket anyway: it just seemed a relatively cheap way of getting cadence.
Thanks

RedBike

The flightdeck doesn't exactly measure your cadence. It calculates it depending based on which gear your in, and how quickly you're going. If you stop pedalling while freewheeling down a hill your cadence will not read zero.

This does mean that the visual gear option has to be correctly setup on the flightdeck.

If this is just to measure cadence I would look at the cateye astrale 8, By the time you've brought all the mounting kit needed for the flightdeck the cateye should work out quite a bit cheaper.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Hi Redbike, I seem to have totally misundersood the whole Flightdeck thing so thanks for making it clear ! I'll save all that bother and get the Cateye you recommend

Top Bottom