Sora to Tiagra Allez 09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ellis

Guru
Have a fantastic Spesh Allez 09. The only minor niggle with it is the sora gear changers. So if i went to my LBS and asked for the bike to be changed to Tiagra would this be a possibillity? i.e. Having the little paddle thing on the brake to change gear whilst still on the drops which Sora doesnt have!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
entirely possible, but costly.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tiagra is 9 speed, Sora is eight, so you couldn't just change the shifters (which would cost about £100 + anyway) you'd have to change the whole groupset apart from the brakes.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
John the Monkey said:
Tiagra is 9 speed, Sora is eight, so you couldn't just change the shifters (which would cost about £100 + anyway) you'd have to change the whole groupset apart from the brakes.

I believe they do a 9 speed Sora now

MartinC

Über Member
If it's 8 speed Sora you'd probably just need to change the cassette and chain too. The rear mech will be fine, the front too. If the chainrings are 8 speed specific (i.e original Sora 8 speed) then you'd need to change this too but not many manufacturers make chainrings that are 8,9 and 10 speed compatible now - it's only the thickness of the teeth that varies not the thickness of the ring itself.

Top Bottom