Sore arse.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nkaj

I know this is a slightly odd question but do a lot of people experince pain in their arse whilst riding.Over the last week or two i have been picking up the pace and going for longer cycles.I noticed that my arse starts getting sore and it becomes quite uncomfortable.I wear cycling shorts but should i be thinking about getting a new saddle? Admitadly i do go over quite a few bumps,but iv been going over these bumpy routes for ages so i dont see why the pain should start now.As always,any help is appreciated!

e-rider

crappy member
Sore arse - cycling? Are you doing something different? Such as carrying a backpack or have you gained weight?

Probably just the longer distances and you'll need to let your body adjust. The saddle could be to blame if it's a bad design - what saddle do you have? Try a different one to see if that helps.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Do you mean sore all over or just your ricker? If it's that, you can prevent it by slapping a fingerful of Vaseline on it before the ride.

Sore all over means your saddle needs setting up better or it's too high, meaning you're rocking your pelvis to reach the pedals.

navrat_biker

adjust your seat slope it slightly forward as it may be too level.
Also try some chamois cream or something like that. this may help. as Globalti said rocking your pelvis too will cause pain.

jimboalee

Globalti said:
Do you mean sore all over or just your ricker? If it's that, you can prevent it by slapping a fingerful of Vaseline on it before the ride.

Sore all over means your saddle needs setting up better or it's too high, meaning you're rocking your pelvis to reach the pedals.

Yeh, saddle might be too high.

Lower it about 5mm at a time.

Too low though and the pain migrates to the knees....

Top Bottom