Sore head after a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Go see a doctor. If you did, what did they say?

I wouldn't rule out stress in neck muscles for example
Do you ride wearing a helmet? Or glasses?

Kajjal

Guru
Are you eating properly?

Often people under eat trying to get their weight down at the same time as increasing exercise.

As above go and see a doctor to see whet they think.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Go see a doctor. If you did, what did they say?

I wouldn't rule out stress in neck muscles for example
Do you ride wearing a helmet? Or glasses?
No doctor as yet . Tho tbh I had 3 weeks off work and this is my first week back and I have been sore all over in particular shoulders and neck so there could be a problem there . I always were a helmet

Levo-Lon

Guru
I experienced this when I started cycling regularly in 2014. I put it down to dehydration in the end, not lack of water but loss of electrolytes via perspiration. I thought this was the case as when I started taking these the headaches stopped.

Those made me feel very sic..

Make up your own drink.
Spoonfull of glucose sugar " Desert " and a tiny pinch of salt in a full bottle.

Would it be a idea to consider your eyesight could be the problem, but as i am not a medical man you need to take that with a pinch of salt. Best to go and see your GP better safe than sorry because you took the advise of the non medical advise given on the forum. To many peeps of all ages ignore warning signals, and end up dead for a very long time...LOL

lazybloke

Considering a new username
+1 for badly fitting glasses or helmet causing headaches. I had a pair which were slightly tight and caused all manner of headaches.

Muscular tension in the neck and shoulders can cause crippling headaches too, not to mention pinched nerve pain.

Top Bottom