Sore head after a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Only been back to cycling past 8 week or so but why would I be getting a sore head right after a ride . I do Between one and 2 hours of possible . Not feeling tired or sore legs during the ride just straight after a sore head . Had thought i was dehydrated but I drink a fair bit before and drink a 750ml bottle of water during the ride . Or could It be I'm pushing too much . Any thoughts folks

vickster

Legendary Member
How does your neck feel?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is it a headachy type pain or muscular?
Headaches could be dehydration as has already been suggested but could also be blood pressure or circulation related? Might be worth seeing your GP to discuss it.
If it is muscular it might be due to poor bike fit or simply because you are not used to the exertion yet.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
It' doesn't feel muscular . So I will be putting it down to blood pressure/exertion for now until I see gp.
Cheers guys

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
There was a bit of sun here sunday and Mon and quite overcast today .sunny days i spray on sun cream and always have a helmet on

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Is there a certain amount of fluids we should be taking before during and after ?

Does the headache occur during the ride, and is it specific to one area of the head??

I have found that a poor fitting helmet (or even a folded pad will cause headache/pain ) especially in the temple area.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I experienced this when I started cycling regularly in 2014. I put it down to dehydration in the end, not lack of water but loss of electrolytes via perspiration. I thought this was the case as when I started taking these the headaches stopped.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
I did go and buy some sis tabs last week . Tho I have only used about 3 of them can't say of they are helping yet . I have been drinking a bit before a ride and drinking 750 ml bottle per hour . Headaches are not as bad if i do an hours ride but went for a 30miler today and it took me 2.5hr and drank x2 750ml water and I still have a headache and I've drank and eaten well after the ride . So still not found the solution

Top Bottom