Sore throat remedies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've got a sore throat. I intend to spend the day eating ice cream, petit filous, honey and scotch, and gargling soluble aspirin. Any other suggestions?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Concentrated Orange juice seems to be good for temporary relief.

defy-one

Fresh ginger is natures antiseptic. Use it for sore throats in tea.
If you have a cough chew a finger nail size peice raw. Keep chewing to release the juice. Do that once a day for 3-4 days. Cough gone

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, Mort's tea idea went down well, so I'll try that again later. Now, I'm having a soluble aspirin gargle, and then maybe some icecream. Purely medicinal, you understand.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gargle 3 times a day with Corsodyl or Boots equivalent. Corsodyl is cheapest in Bodycare. Works well.

Also zinc tablets once a day.

lukesdad

Glycerine but check the amount !"

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I have several methods:
1) Gargle cider vinegar and follow with honey (to mask the taste as much as anything)
2) Eat a spicy curry or food containing Turmeric (my cold cure is a teaspoon of turmeric in a tablespoon of milk, heated on the hob in a spoon)
3) Gargling TCP
4) Cutting out milk as this decreases the production of mucus and stops irritation.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I swallow a teaspoon full of Aloe Vera Gelly. Vile tasting but it does the trick for me. Aloe is well known for its healing properties and I have been using the stuff daily to keep my horrible eczema at bay since the mid 90s.
The brand I use is pretty much pure Aloe, with no additional rubbish in it so I feel quite happy to ingest the stuff. Normally I reserve the Gelly for cuts, grazes, being bitten by dogs, burns etc (very handy in my line of work)

Top Bottom