Sore wrists - is my bike too small?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FatherNeil

I have recently bought a pinnacle neon hybrid I'm using it to get fit but I find my wrists get pretty sore I got the bike at Evans and it's measured to my height (small) I do have the gloves that help.but I'm wondering is the bike too small

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just posted on that subject HERE.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm no expert but it sounds like there's maybe too much weight on your hands. You could try raising the stem little by little and see if that helps. Bar ends might help as you can change your hand position.

Last edited:

S-Express

With the information you've given us, the only thing anyone can say for certain is that you have sore wrists. If you can post a side-on pic of you on the bike, that would be useful, it might help with diagnosis.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The brake levers should be set at an angle of almost 45 degrees downwards, in line with the line of your arm.

Ihatehills

I was getting sore wrists after swapping to my new bike, turns out the saddle was tilted ever so slightly forward, throwing all my weight onto my wrists, as others have said there could be any number of reasons, mostly that a few adjustments can sort

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe go to Evans and try the medium, they offer decent on road test rides. See how it compares

Do they still offer 30 day no quibble exchanges (you don't say how recently you purchased)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have recently bought a pinnacle neon hybrid I'm using it to get fit but I find my wrists get pretty sore I got the bike at Evans and it's measured to my height (small) I do have the gloves that help.but I'm wondering is the bike too small
If it helps, I've got the same bike, size small, I'm 1.60m, so just over 5ft?
I'm female, but the bike is the men's version.
Grips were horrible though, I changed them immediately for some ergo ones. Just like these, but I paid much less elsewhere.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I was getting sore wrists after swapping to my new bike, turns out the saddle was tilted ever so slightly forward, throwing all my weight onto my wrists, as others have said there could be any number of reasons, mostly that a few adjustments can sort

Definitely agree with above quote.
try very small adjustments to the seat angle they make a big difference to the amount of weight on your arms.

Top Bottom