Sorry!....Another newbie!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all.

Just wanted to say a quick hello!
I am a total novice to road cycling....just starting out, but figured in for a penny, in for a pound and just ordered my first bike!!! Specialized Dolce Sport 27 (2010)....any good?? I'm so excited to get out and about on it...and really turn road cycling into a serious hobby/fitness regime!!
I have been reading different forums, picking up the odd hint and tip here and there, which led me to CC. Everyone seems so friendly to us newbies, so I thought I'd sign up and get involved!
Anyhow, I look forward to learning more and hopefully once my bike has arrived I may be able to contribute a little more on here!!

In the meantime...I'm on the quest for a decent helmet so any suggestions are most welcome! ;) I've been looking at all sorts of equipment...shoes, gloves etc.. any advice as to what I should be looking at buying to get started would be great!!

Thanks all and happy cycling!!

Tatiana

Norm

Greetings, Tats, congrats on finding CC. :laugh:

And congrats on the Dolce sport. Lovely looking bike, IMO, and Sarahpink just picked up (and then, unfortunately, threw down again) one of those. I think she's in Devon, so possibly not too far from one of your locations.

Best helmet is one that fits your head but no doubt we'll have another helmet debate because you mentioned it. ;) Specialized do gloves, shoes and helmets if you want to get gear with the logo to match your bike. :laugh:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the site,this one is mega friendly and you will get loads of help.
Helmet is a personal choice and you will proberly get help at your local bike shop (lbs) regarding fitting ect.Gloves are good for saving your palms from aching,again personal choice and i find a good sturdy trainer does me for the feet because i use toe clips on my bikes.
Enjoy,they are a good bunch on here ;)

OP
OP
T

Tats6

Wow!! That was a quick response!!! It truly is friendly cyber place!! Thank you to both of you!! I'm really lucky actually, to have such a good LBS... Primera Sports....they have quite a good website too that I can recommend!! You're right Skudupnorth, they should be able to help me out with some good advice! They stock a lot of Specialized equipment norm, so I'll check out the helmets when I pop in there next!! Nothing too shiney is what I'm thinking!! hehe!!
Thanks again guys!!

OP
OP
T

Tats6

Oooh, think I've still got another week or so!!! They didn't have my size frame in stock!! The good news is....or should I say VERY good news...is that it's a birthday present!!! Nothing beats a bike as the most exciting pressie does it!!?

Does anyone happen to know how you display your profile picture? Only mine isnt showing...or is just me that can't see it?! Curious!

Norm

Tats6 said:
Does anyone happen to know how you display your profile picture? Only mine isnt showing...or is just me that can't see it?! Curious!
That's because it is your avatar which shows next to your posts, your profile picture appears when someone looks in your profile. ;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
myaccount/edit profile/edit avatar picture. I've no idea whether admin has changed it so you might need a certain number of posts so you get one but in theory it should work. There are restrictions on size etc.

OP
OP
T

Tats6

Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up! Better work out how to upload an avatar then! :0)

Hi there, welcome to CC - you'll be stuck on here forever now! Good luck with your new bike, I'm still getting my head round my roadbike...Drop bars are very scary, even if I'm the only one to think so! ;)

OP
OP
T

Tats6

TA DAH!!! Avatar up and running! Thanks Norm and Marinyork!!

Hep Punkypossum! Yeah, this will be my first bike with drop bars! Hope it's not too scary!!! Already been on here for 2 hours....time flies reading threads etc!! Bed time I think! I think I'll be dreaming of bikes now! ;0)

bauldbairn

Hello Tats and Welcome to the CC forums. :laugh:

That's a nice bike you're getting - remember to post some photos and a brief review(optional). It's alway's nice to see what bikes our new members are riding and what they think of them - how they set them up etc,etc. ;)

Good luck with the cycling and look forward to seeing posts from you in the future. :laugh:

Bond

;)
This is a great forum for asking for help and finding knowledge on bikes. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Top Bottom