Sorry, another tyre size question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Simply, will a 700c x 25 tyre fit a rim marked 16 - 622, 700c. I think it will after looking at Sheldon's site but I find it a bit confusing.

TIA.

arch684

Veteran
yes it will .I have 28s fitted to mine

Simply, will a 700c x 25 tyre fit a rim marked 16 - 622, 700c. I think it will after looking at Sheldon's site but I find it a bit confusing.

TIA.
Make sure you have the clearance from the frame / forks though. I can't get anything wider than a 23 on my roady, with any great confidence. I could squeeze a 25 on, but if the wheel went out of true, I may have an issue.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
25mm ought to fit, but it's about as narrow as you'd want to go on a 16mm wide rim. The usual rule of them is 1.5 to 2.5 times the rim width. I'm assuming its a hybrid or tourer?

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Thanks all. 25's it will be then. There is plenty of frame clearance, it has 28's on at the moment. I bought a new back wheel during the week and it is a narrow road bike wheel, but the front wheel is the 16 - 622. I will order a pair of tyres after Christmas. Eventually I will also get a new wheel to match the new back one! It is for my Peugeot roadbike by the way.

Top Bottom