Sorted, no longer required. Two small wheels wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I'm after a pair of small bike wheels, 16, 18 or preferably 20 inches, as I'm building a training cart for my Newfoundland dog (like this one).
jadecart.jpg

If anyone has an unwanted child's bike they've been planning to dispose of I'll be interested in doing a deal. I'm in south London.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I have one used Brompton front wheel, somewhere.
Thanks. If I can find another similar I'll see if I can relieve you of it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A bike recycling place near you might give them for a donation.
Thread derailing ^_^ what is a training cart for dogs? It seems a cruel contraption to me, but then I am a (mad) cat lady :biggrin:

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Or the recycling centre where people discard perfectly good bikes. If they have a couple of kids bikes, and you ask nicely, they may let you take a couple of wheels.
I've never managed this successfully. Perhaps I haven't asked nicely enough.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
You might do better hunting Gumtree or Freegle or the local Freecycle website /twitter feed than a recycling place that will have rules/guidelines on who can benefit from donations and will likely only discard stuff that is too damaged to use safely.

Many council tips nowadays also don't let you take stuff out once its been dumped.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
All good suggestions, I just thought I'd asks here on the off-chance. I'm not a fan of stub axles on these lightweight carts as they can move quite fast and do hurt when an overenthusiastic dog runs it into the back of your leg. Keeping the wheel within the frame is better, trust me.

Top Bottom