***SORTED***Square-taper triple chainset/crankset, 50-39-30t, 170mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Try SPA cycles. I'd be surprised if they can't help.

Chislenko

Veteran
Does anyone have such a thing knocking around their spares bins? Ideally alloy. I can't go smaller than this due to limitations of a braze-on FD.
TIA

I have a spare 52-42-30 (done about a thousand miles) I wouldn't mind swapping for a low mileage 48-38-28 if you have such a thing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Try SPA cycles. I'd be surprised if they can't help.
I was thinking that. I went that route when I 'triple-ised' my CAAD5.

I went for 48/38/28 (and have since replaced the 38 with a 36) but all sorts of combinations were available. I just checked - the nearest they do is 50/40/30, if that is any use to you - £65. You might be able to persuade Spa to replace the 40 with a 38?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just noticed... You can choose your own selection of rings for an extra £15. (Presumably that it is to pay a member of staff to faff about swapping them round!)

PS And that the current version is a bit different to the one I bought, which has 5 visible bolts NOT 4.

Last edited:

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Just dug it out from the bottom of the box it's been in for the past 8 years or so - it's in good nick, no significant wear, a couple of little scratches , no heel rub. Looks like I even gave it a wipe before putting it away! Turns out it's a 175 (odd because the bike it came of was a 56 seat tube), & the replaced ring's a Stronglight.

No idea what it's worth - does £25 posted sound reasonable?

Just dug it out from the bottom of the box it's been in for the past 8 years or so - it's in good nick, no significant wear, a couple of little scratches , no heel rub. Looks like I even gave it a wipe before putting it away! Turns out it's a 175 (odd because the bike it came of was a 56 seat tube), & the replaced ring's a Stronglight.

I'll give it a miss at 175, just a bit long for me. Many thanks though for digging it out. I will ipdate my want to say 70.

Steeler

Über Member
I've got a Stronglight Impact 28/28/48 chainset in pretty good nick - the middle and outer rings are pressed steel pretty much like the picture that Xipe posted. Oh, and it's 170mm. I'll post a pic if you're interested.

It occurs to me that I could transfer the rings onto my Ritchie cranks, same BCD. Is that kind of swap a thing? If so still interested!

Top Bottom