Soundbars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Tv connected to hi fi. Perfect.
Yeah ,that's what I do

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_143755.jpg
    IMG_20210127_143755.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 5

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yeah ,that's what I do
I've been considering that but can't figure out the best way of getting an audio signal out of the TV and into the amp. Also, is there any easy way of controlling the volume via the TV's remote, or is it done by the volume control on the amp?

Venod

Eh up
I've been considering that but can't figure out the best way of getting an audio signal out of the TV and into the amp

I suppose it depends on your TV ours has audio out connections which go to amp, if it only has optical out and your amp does not have optical connection you can get converters,

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
image.jpg

I’m going to be mounting that TV in the wall once that fire place and surround comes out. Gonna fit a flame effect in be sunk into the wall. TV and sound bar in the cavity. Sound bar is an LG Dolby atmos thing so it will need to be able to project sound up and out .

Just got to hide the Xbox , cable modem and switch

Venod

Eh up
I’m going to be mounting that TV in the wall

The son and the daughter both have their TV's mounted high on the wall, I find it uncomfortable looking up them it doesn't seem natural to me, we have ours mounted on the wall but at an height that is level with us when we are sat comfortably on the sofa, I understand it in pubs etc so everybody can see, but never grasped the advantage at home, it does keep the kids sticky fingers off it though.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The son and the daughter both have their TV's mounted high on the wall, I find it uncomfortable looking up them it doesn't seem natural to me, we have ours mounted on the wall but at an height that is level with us when we are sat comfortably on the sofa, I understand it in pubs etc so everybody can see, but never grasped the advantage at home, it does keep the kids sticky fingers off it though.
This. Many (most?) are mounted too high for comfort. If recess mounted, then don't make it too snug, because you will want a new telly at some point.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
View attachment 574047

I’m going to be mounting that TV in the wall once that fire place and surround comes out. Gonna fit a flame effect in be sunk into the wall. TV and sound bar in the cavity. Sound bar is an LG Dolby atmos thing so it will need to be able to project sound up and out .

Just got to hide the Xbox , cable modem and switch

Mr Grumpy, don't know if your breast is real (brick) or just plasterboard like mine.

When I built it due to my phobia / obsession of not having cables / plugs showing I repositioned all the sockets in the cavity behind and a "door" into the false chimney breast.

Door closed

Door open

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I agree. My niece had her TV fixed so high that I had a stiff neck within 20 minutes of starting to view.

The reason that they do it is often that they want to keep their 'feature fireplaces'. Blow that! This house has such a fireplace with a gas fire with fake coals. I would never use the fire so I just plonked the TV in front of it at the optimum viewing height.

Top Bottom