Sour Grapes Or Salient Point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Are the comments by the US swimming coach sour grapes because the USA did not win gold or does he have a point?
The comments being "unbelievable’ and ‘disturbing" with regards to the five second improvement in a personnel best and 1 second off the previous world record.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Isn't this already covered from the other point of view in this thread?
I think it is sour grapes because someone else won by a good margin and also passed the drugs test afterwards.

Had the American, or British, swimmer won like that do you think there would be such an outcry?

Maybe there should be some concern about how China selects and trains their athletes to be so competitive but that should be an issue to be taken up as a point of issue in its own right.
Apologies for the source link.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ese-children-brutalised-future-Olympians.html

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I agree with NT here.....the performance looks amazing and it's easy to doubt the girl's talent. She's passed all the drugs/doping tests and WADA are happy with her. Let's just celebrate a great Olympic performance.

I did find it interesting listening to the radio at lunch time when someone was saying that all of the samples given by athletes at the Athens games have been reanalysed and with the benefit of new knowledge of doping agents, a number have been found to have cheated. These athletes were obviously ahead of the testing regime with their cheating but apparently they were still banned after the new evidence emerged.
The testing is always going to be behind the dopers as they need to develop tests when new ways of cheating are finally discovered by the authorities.
They plan to extend the time samples are held from 8 years to 16 years in order to give testing/technology time to catch up.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that when someone points out that a subject is already being covered in another thread and gives a link to it, then the right thing to do is to go over there to continue the discussion!

Top Bottom