England : Avon South Glos 100 - 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Maybe - not sure of my May plans though. Do audaxes fill up, or would I be able to enter much nearer the time?

Also, if you're going for a decent time you may not want me along - I'm not the fastest of cyclists, especially after the first 30 or 40 miles!

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Maybe - not sure of my May plans though. Do audaxes fill up, or would I be able to enter much nearer the time?

Also, if you're going for a decent time you may not want me along - I'm not the fastest of cyclists, especially after the first 30 or 40 miles!

Well, I just bimble along.happy to get round and enjoy the ride!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'll probably give it a go if I'm around!
And will have a go at that hill from Kilcott up to the A46 before then, I tend to avoid that as it has an arrow on it!

If I cycle to and from the start, that will add another 17 miles, making an 82 mile day. It goes right past my house so if I want to bail out near the end....!
(or if anyone with me needs an emergency drink/cuppa/loo stop!)

One thing I have on my tick list is to do the Avon Cycleway at some point. So if anyone is interested in that? (But I repeat, I am not very fast!)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It's out of my league.... I've never ridden that far! Plus it's also a family birthday weekend though I'm not sure they are going to be around.

I think it starts from the Marlwood school car park, I've seen them setting off from there before.

Is the Avon Cycleway longer or shorter (I'm assuming you mean the whole of it!, I've done parts of it!)

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I've just checked my calendar - I'm actually away that weekend. Looks like a nice route though - I might adapt it to start from home (which will also make it quite a bit shorter!) and have a go.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I need to try and get the day off work but if I do will probably do the Carmarthen Snapper which is on the same day(6th May)

.If I do this would be about my 6th Snapper. It really is a great ride .Long flat coastal bit at start and finish with rural bit in the middle.Excelent controls and fabulous scenery.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've just checked my calendar - I'm actually away that weekend. Looks like a nice route though - I might adapt it to start from home (which will also make it quite a bit shorter!) and have a go.
Are you going to resurrect the plan for a forum ride?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Could do, if folks are interested. I tend to be less keen at this time of the year as there seems to be a higher probability of wet or windy (or both!) weather. We'd get more takers for a shorter route than that audax, though.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'll probably give it a go if I'm around!
And will have a go at that hill from Kilcott up to the A46 before then, I tend to avoid that as it has an arrow on it!

If I cycle to and from the start, that will add another 17 miles, making an 82 mile day. It goes right past my house so if I want to bail out near the end....!
(or if anyone with me needs an emergency drink/cuppa/loo stop!)

One thing I have on my tick list is to do the Avon Cycleway at some point. So if anyone is interested in that? (But I repeat, I am not very fast!)

I've signed up for the Avon Cycleway Audax on the 24th of June, the start/finish is right on my doorstep, it would feel wrong to sit here and not ride it!

Tilley

Über Member
Living in Fishponds when this route was first devised I always aimed to do this route in a single day in my youth. I have ridden the whole route a number of times but never succeeded to complete it all in one hit. Could be a bit of a stretch now especially on a recumbent tike, but as I am attempting 105 miles to raise funds for Bloodline who knows.

Always Cross

Veteran
Tilley I think that one is 106km not miles. I hope so as I've entered on my ice trike. Legs still not that good though.

Top Bottom