South Manchester Commuters (Cheadle, Heald Green, Didsbury)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Heading through Cheadle last night, I encountered a car with at least two people in it who thought it was a lark to shine a high powered torch at someone on a bike (me).

Couldn't see in the car, so don't know if there were more than two f*ckwits in it, but the light was being shone from the passenger side, so I assume there's two of them. I encountered them in the centre of Cheadle, and they seemed to be heading for Didsbury, judging by their direction. I also don't know if this is something they're doing to all traffic, as there was only me around at the time.

I don't know if this is a new "thing" for the bored yoof of the area, but look out for them (I saw the torch's light before they could bring it to bear on me) and be aware that they are stupid enough to shine that bright light in your eyes.

Couldn't get the plate on account of the bright light, sadly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If they do it to me, I'll unclip a Hope and toast them ! - Or ride behind on max. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
What time was this john?

At a guess, between 4:40 & 4:50pm (should have checked my watch, but I only tend to do that once I'm past Schools Hill). They (and I) were on the road that goes past the car park for the little shopping arcade and the Somerfield. They were heading towards High Street as I headed away from it.

Top Bottom