Southend 15 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Can have my back wheel if it fits and you come get it/drop it off at some point over the next two weeks.

mistral

Guru
topcat1 said:
Alina
Auntie Helen
Sig silverprinter
Aperitif
User1314
Davywalnuts
Dellzeqq +1 ?
Delthebike
DJ
GBS ?
MacB
Mike e
Redjedi
Sittingduck ?
Stevevw
TC2
Wigsie ?

I've shuffled some arrangements around in order to tag along with this venerable group, hopefully for the return trip & possibly also join MacB, et al (no pun intended) for a beer:tongue:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
redjedi said:
Sorry about your wheel. What's on your hybrid? If it's an 8sp Shimano it will work with your Campag levers. You'll need to swap the rear mech as well, but it will get you rolling.

ID theft :wacko: What do we call you now?

Yeah it's a fattish Mavic A119 rim with a nasty megarange sh*mano cassette on it. Don't think I can be arsed trying to get that setup working and my 25mm tyre on it either. I'll either take it for a overhual, ride it into the ground or buy a new set of wheels, I think.

djtheglove said:
Cant someone lend SD a wheel?

Unfortunatley my spare is buckled too otherwise I would!

We've got to get him to that salad bar somehow!!!

You can always borrow my wifes ridgeback comet it's actualy quite a smooth bike!!

Given my track record with rear wheels I would not be comfortable borrowing one from anyone to be honest. Thx though :smile:

Wigsie said:
Can have my back wheel if it fits and you come get it/drop it off at some point over the next two weeks.

Thx Wigsie but I will not want to ride on a borrowed wheel - I am very fat and break spokes on back wheels as often as I visit salad bars! :smile::biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Sittingduck said:
Thx Wigsie but I will not want to ride on a borrowed wheel - I am very fat and break spokes on back wheels as often as I visit salad bars! :smile::biggrin:

I am a bit of a beefcake too and she has held me for a good few thousand miles no worres so am sure it would be fine... If anything I would like you to have it to piss Ianrauk off as the tyres are red! :wacko:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Wigsie said:
I am a bit of a beefcake too and she has held me for a good few thousand miles no worres so am sure it would be fine... If anything I would like you to have it to piss Ianrauk off as the tyres are red! :wacko:

Ahhh, that's cruel Wigsie :biggrin:
Are the wheels 10 spd Campy?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Wigsie said:
Partly, that and the fact that I may look like a tubby gypo next to your new skinny physique in all your designer gear.

Pleased as I am with the weight loss I'm only down to the weight that, several years ago, first caused me to class myself as a lardy arse bastard. Much work still to be done, the next reward will be some Assos shorts:biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
mistral said:
I've shuffled some arrangements around in order to tag along with this venerable group, hopefully for the return trip & possibly also join MacB, et al (no pun intended) for a beer:tongue:

Superb Mick, the ride is fairly flat so, barring injury/mishap, I'd expect us to get back to town no probs. Be good to see you again, though apologies in advance for some of the other weirdos............you know who you are!!!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
mistral said:

Welcome "Mistral" are you as fast as your name suggests? If so then we will have to make you carry the cake or eat it even to slow you down!

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Alina
Auntie Helen
Handbag
Sig silverprinter
Aperitif
ChrisM
C o G
Davy
Dellzeqq +1 ?
Delthebike
DJ
MacB
Mike e
Mistral
Redjedi
Stevevw
Tc2

mistral

Guru
djtheglove said:
Welcome "Mistral" are you as fast as your name suggests? If so then we will have to make you carry the cake or eat it even to slow you down!

Cheers, not sure about (my) speed … but mistral in the dialect of Provence means "masterly" :becool: and is usually accompanied by clear and sunny weather :becool: :biggrin: .... we’ll see

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Guys this ride will be going at an easy pace, genteel comes to mind.

Sittingduck, i've got a spare bike, my commuter and winter commuter
8yt9a9.jpg

qn09s9.jpg

my brother Tc2 will use one but the other one is available, he hasn't made his mind up yet. Give us a ring if you're interested.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Oh b*llocks to it, I'll come on my road bike... what's the worst that could happen :smile: I'll bring a lock and a spoke key. Won't be racing though!

See you at 9am - Salad bar

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sittingduck said:
Oh b*llocks to it, I'll come on my road bike... what's the worst that could happen :smile: I'll bring a lock and a spoke key. Won't be racing though!

See you at 9am - Salad bar

Excellant!! Cye then!

I wont be racing too, not after all the miles munching ive been doing this week! Unless radius wants to be shown who's the daddy! hehehe!

Just remember, along from the salad bar is a Subway and one of those fancy sandwich shops...

Top Bottom