Southend 15 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I don't want to eat salad either! If I had the time (which I don't) I'd have a Manningtree Station Half-Breakfast. I may end up having one of those ubiquitous baguettes at Liverpool Street. Argh.

Are you coming down from Hull for this expedition, Mike? And it was good to see that you made it to Colchester, I wasn't around that day otherwise I might have said hello to you somewhere!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Davy, it has to be riding back, if I get the train back then the drinking begins too early and MacB fails to find way home

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Mac,i'll wear it tomorrow.

Sig i don't think you can turn right, get off at the lights and walk over.

Helen, there's a greasy spoon by the rotherhithe tunnel which is about 10 mins after we start or there's mcdonlds at canning town which will be about 20 mins .

mike e

Auntie Helen said:
Well I don't want to eat salad either! If I had the time (which I don't) I'd have a Manningtree Station Half-Breakfast. I may end up having one of those ubiquitous baguettes at Liverpool Street. Argh.

Are you coming down from Hull for this expedition, Mike? And it was good to see that you made it to Colchester, I wasn't around that day otherwise I might have said hello to you somewhere!

Yes, it's quite a trek but it's looking like it'll be a nice day and I didn't get a proper chance to thank the team after Saturday!! also nice to meet a few new faces and ride in daylight

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
MacBludgeon said:
Davy, it has to be riding back, if I get the train back then the drinking begins too early and MacB fails to find way home

None of us would succeed in getting home at all and we would end up in some strip-club in Southend in fulls lycras and spd's with no bikes to come back to! That would be one for photo album!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Sittingduck said:
MacB

Do you want me to meet you by Waterloo on my way to the Tower?

That would be excellent, I'll aim for the 0806 arrival, leaves time for a snackette and chitchat before the off. I've got your mobile so will text/call if any issues....cheers.....Al

ps, any particular exit I need from Waterloo, is there more than one?

Salad bars - only one step removed from butterfly bars eh MacB? ;)

Sorry, Dave and all you lovely people but I cannot escape from work this time around - I need to be somewhere else as you wheel your wonderful, whistful ways to the beauty of the sea. Did try to wriggle out of it but hey!...I'm responsible! :ohmy: :sad:

Wanted to catch up with certain peeps too - but never mind. It will be my pleasure next time.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oi, just seen this.. cheeky bast..

Wigsie said:
I am a bit of a beefcake too and she has held me for a good few thousand miles no worres so am sure it would be fine... If anything I would like you to have it to piss Ianrauk off as the tyres are red! ;)

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Davywalnuts said:
None of us would succeed in getting home at all and we would end up in some strip-club in Southend in fulls lycras and spd's with no bikes to come back to! That would be one for photo album!

:ohmy:

I could add two black eyes when I get home in the morning to that!

Am hoping to do the return to London as well and hopefully a beer, before going home.

Top Bottom