Southend 15 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
djtheglove said:
:rofl:

I could add two black eyes when I get home in the morning to that!

Am hoping to do the return to London as well and hopefully a beer, before going home.

Or Divorce proceeding.. You will stink of baby oil and be grinning like a Cheshire cat, women arent stupid you know.. contary to popular belief..

I, wont be divulging in any beer.. I... must.... pass... aunties.... mileage..... :rofl:

:ohmy:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
MacBludgeon said:
Even better idea I could get off at Clapham Junction and ride in from there with you, what think you? Train would arrive at 0758

Cool - we can take the scenic route up through Battersea park and follow the river on the north side - past Houses of Parliament etc. There won't be much traffic at that time of day on a Sat.

Come out of the Main entrance at CJ (by where the indoor shops are) and there is a small exit just after the barriers on the left side, next to a news kiosk (opposite M&S Food). Go through the doors and there's a small car park - will meet you there at 8am sharp :ohmy:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Davywalnuts said:
Or Divorce proceeding.. You will stink of baby oil and be grinning like a Cheshire cat, women arent stupid you know.. contary to popular belief..

I, wont be divulging in any beer.. I... must.... pass... aunties.... mileage..... xx(

:surrender:

:laugh:

No! really Davy!! Maybe thats what i have been doing wrong all this time!!!

Will baby oil prevent chafing?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Davywalnuts said:
Trains back??? :surrender::wacko:

I thought we were cycling back?? If you all leave me to cycle back alone ill end up in Scotland!

I'll be doing the dishonourable thing and travelling back on the choo-choo :laugh: Probably have a couple of shandies in Southend too. Never been there before!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sittingduck said:
I'll be doing the dishonourable thing and travelling back on the choo-choo :surrender: Probably have a couple of shandies in Southend too. Never been there before!
Wow, you're in for a treat visiting Southend for the first time. I grew up there and my parents and sister still live there so it's all very familiar territory to me. Our route takes us right past my old house and the sixth form college that I went to, etc.

My sister is threatening to bring her kids to wave at us as we waft past!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Sittingduck said:
Cool - we can take the scenic route up through Battersea park and follow the river on the north side - past Houses of Parliament etc. There won't be much traffic at that time of day on a Sat.

Come out of the Main entrance at CJ (by where the indoor shops are) and there is a small exit just after the barriers on the left side, next to a news kiosk (opposite M&S Food). Go through the doors and there's a small car park - will meet you there at 8am sharp :surrender:

see you at 8 then, call me if any probs....Al

mike e

Don't forget to load that bar bag with your...................................:surrender:

Won't say it on here, will give people the wrong impression of you

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
mike e said:
Don't forget to load that bar bag with your...................................:surrender:

Won't say it on here, will give people the wrong impression of you

ah, I was going to travel light tomorrow, leave bar bag behind. Just trying to work out if I can fit all in saddle pack or if I need to bring bum bag as well.

mike e

MacBludgeon said:
ah, I was going to travel light tomorrow, leave bar bag behind. Just trying to work out if I can fit all in saddle pack or if I need to bring bum bag as well.

You could perhaps adapt a mobile phone holder to carry your.......................................ahem;)

mike e

In the absence of Simon's cat how's the weather down there. It's a bit grey and cloudy up here and quite breezy but still warm-ish. Hoping not to have to cart extra clothing with me.

Top Bottom