FNRttC Southend Ride Friday 23rd March 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
After the quiet winter months the long awaited Fridays Night Ride season is almost upon us again with the chance to enjoy the wonders of nocturnal two wheel adventures with friends and strangers as we make our way along the Thames Estuary to Southend on Friday 23rd March 2018.

The Southend Ride like all London based Rides this year will be starting at the new Fridays Central which is now located under Waterloo Bridge on the Southbank next to the British Film Institute.

After the usual briefing we will set off at Midnight crossing the Thames and following the Embankment to the City with its amazing views. Here instead of joining our usual route along the Mile End Road we will join the Thames Path through St Katherine’ and Tobacco Docks and onwards to Wapping before we head East once again through East London and Essex.

The halfway stop once again will be the Services at Junction 31 which may not be great for food choice but offers space and warmth if the weather isn’t being kind. When we head back onto the road again we will heading north into the stunning Essex countryside before turning south towards Southend and breakfast. If the weather is against us we will take a more direct route instead.

Breakfast once again will be at Beaches Cafe based on the beach with south facing views overlooking the pier and Thames Estuary.

The Southend Ride being our shortest and flattest route is always the perfect way to start the season or experience your first Friday’s Night Ride to the Coast.

To Register please click through to the Southend Ride by visiting the 2018 Ride page on the new and improved webpage www.fnrttc.org.uk

Looking forward to leading you in just under four weeks time.

Titus

Southend Ride Leader

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Registered this morning. Would have done it last night but the commute took three hours longer than usual....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Due to change of home life circumstances I very much doubt I will be doing many, if at all any, FNR's this year.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Due to change of home life circumstances I very much doubt I will be doing many, if at all any, FNR's this year.
You'll be missed. We'll all be feeling blue if we're not seeing it. But the domestic stuff has to come first.

In form sent and awaiting the First of the Year.

Trickedem

Guru
In;
I think I am still subscribed but I am not sure,
how do I find out....
Bob, you will have received emails over the last week or two if still subscribed to the mailing list. If you haven't you can easily re-subscribe at www.fnrttc.org.uk
To join a ride you will need to register and also ensure you are a member of the Fridays. Again full details of what you need to do are on the website.
Hope this helps

Trickedem

Guru
I should be in, trying to get cycling mojo back, the Fridays are a great thing for positive vibes. My brother arrives from Aust on the same day so he may want to tag along too?
As long as he registers and pays his £2 to join the Fridays he can come. Although riders normally need 3rd party liability insurance, they can do their first ride without this. Saying that it only costs £24 a year to join Cycling UK as an associate member. It is really worth having this insurance anyway.

Top Bottom