FNRttC Southend Ride Friday 23rd March 2018

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by AKA Bob, 2 Mar 2018.

1. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

It's a nice place!

2. rb58

rb58 Enigma

You just need to make sure the FNR destination is at the top of Market Hill, not at the bottom so you don't have to ride up it.....:ohmy:

BromyG, robjh and Dogtrousers like this.
  3. Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore Well-Known Member

If we get to Maldon early I'll offer a few loops up Market Hill.

rb58 and Trickedem like this.
  4. I have climbed the great North Hill in Little Baddow, and I was reliably informed that it was "the only hill in Essex". Don't tell me there's another one!

5. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Ooh, New! Shiny! website. Click More. Click The Basics. The Magenta Mercian is mine. I'd hazard a guess that the Titanium bike next to it is @Jurek 's and the Kaffenback is Tim The Rocket Scientist's (the huge panniers containing all the tools you'll ever need and more are a clue).

Am I right?

Trickedem likes this.
  6. Do you recognise the venue, complete with NO BIKES signs? (I don't, btw but that's no surprise as I'm terribly unobservant)

7. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Well Watson, on the door in the background it says "Mermaid Villas". Google says there is (are?) Mermaid Villas in Whitstable, but I don't recall them. I'm pretty sure every time I've parked in Whitstable it's been either under the Beach Cafe or attached to the sea wall. It's turning into a two pipe problem.

8. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

I think you are. I'd suggest you even took the picture!

StuAff likes this.
  9. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Blimey! So I did! Yes, it is Whitstable.

Dogtrousers and StuAff like this.
  10. I just tried to pay my subs but I see it's still necessary to create a Paypal account in order to pay. Ho hum, it will have to be a good old £2 coin again.

11. Jurek

Jurek Veteran

You're right about the titanium bike, not so right about the Planet X - unless I'm mistaken TimO's one is / was coffe coloured. Also unconvinced that this is Whitstable - I don't think I've ever seen such bike unfriendly railings in Whitstable....

12. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

Can you pay electronically if we let you know the account details?

13. Yup.

It's just that the paypal thingy, unlike one off Audaxes fees, is recurring and doesn't allow a one-off transaction with at credit card. It needs a PP a/c, and it's just too much faff to set one up just for a £2 payment.

14. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

'tis Tim's RED

15. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Deffo Whitstable. Leastways it's in my album entitled FNRTTC Whitstable from June 2013 (with an addition allegedly from 2011 for some reason). Here's a link.

Dogtrousers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice