Southern Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
walker

walker

I know I was'nt the only one there....

Peter

Yep, i was there - Had a very disappointing time and one p********e.
Other than that -enjoyed the scenery and the sunshine.

Peter

I wished I had a 34 x 26 for that one, but I always dread the first steep one.
I'm riding the Guildford challenge this Sunday, so hopefully will get around a little quicker.

The Postie

I've just found this site, so sorry for the 2 month delay. Although being a postie I still class this as quite a prompt reply.
It was my 1st sportive and I really enjoyed it. Re hill, assuming you mean Harting Down that's hellish, I'd ridden up it a few weeks early so knew what to expect, it just keeps going on, admittedly I've not been back since!.
I had a great time in a big chain, resulting in me having to 'hang on' for the last 20 miles.
Which leads me to my reason for posting:-
The guy that drafted me for 2-3 miles with on 5 to go, I was spent had nothing left, but he stayed there until someone better came along, grrrrrrrrr I was so angry.

OP
OP
walker

walker

The Postie said:
I've just found this site, so sorry for the 2 month delay. Although being a postie I still class this as quite a prompt reply.
It was my 1st sportive and I really enjoyed it. Re hill, assuming you mean Harting Down that's hellish, I'd ridden up it a few weeks early so knew what to expect, it just keeps going on, admittedly I've not been back since!.
I had a great time in a big chain, resulting in me having to 'hang on' for the last 20 miles.
Which leads me to my reason for posting:-
The guy that drafted me for 2-3 miles with on 5 to go, I was spent had nothing left, but he stayed there until someone better came along, grrrrrrrrr I was so angry.

thats the selfish sportiva's for you. I must admit, I do hang on to wheels alot longer than I need to but When it is my turn on the front I end up losing everyone as I've stored it up to much.

Happy riding postie

Top Bottom