Spa Cycles Wayfarer frame set build from donar parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a very tidy donor in itself - should be able to get a few bob for it whatever bits you put on when you come to sell it.

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
Ride report . Spa Wayfarer frame set, self buiid.
The bike has had two good outing .
One on Derbyshires finest muddy country lanes,covered in winter gunk.
The bike handled every thing .Very sure footed {Panaracer 32x700c tour guard tyres} They roll well imho .
No toe over lap with mudguards fitted .Still plenty of room left for bigger tyres .
The 2nd ride was in an urban enviroment .River side ,old railway lines and back street . With the upright riding postion I felt comfortable in traffic .
The butterfly bars took a little bit getting use to,after riding on drops since the age of 11 !
This will be my go to bike for winter riding from now on .
The only issue I had ,which was down to me.The seat post slipped down as the result of to much copper slip that I had applied:whistle:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
The only issue I had ,which was down to me.The seat post slipped down as the result of to much copper slip that I had applied:whistle:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The seatpost slipping is a known issue on certain Spa frames. I believe the Wayfarer is among those affected.
Mine needs a fair bit of torque to stop the slippage but then again I did butcher mine :whistle:

The Touring frame version is now only available with disc brake fitting as far as I know .
You mean a certain version of the Wayfarer or the Spa Tourer? I hope you don't mean the latter as I was thinking of getting a Spa Tourer frame at one point. I have no desire for discs.

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
After returning home I cleaned off most of the copper slip . the following day on my urban ride no issues with it slipping down .
Interesting to learn the problem is known issue . The clamp supplied with an allen key bolt is quite small and the collar could be more substantial .
I may upgrade this.

Top Bottom