Space age airless tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I would sign up for the Kickstarter but I seem to have misplaced my wallet. Another time maybe ;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Never say never and I think I’m reasonably open-minded, but this already has the whiff of a crowdfunding fustercluck. The Limits power meter debacle became something of a guilty pleasure for me a couple of years ago and this might just be a worthy replacement.

For example….

The random collection of publications that have probably just reproduced their press release for “content” is a crowdfunder classic.

Lots of random filler images that barely relate to the product - another classic. Glad they explained rim and tyre width. What’s going on in those images? No idea, ut they’ve got the SMART logo photoshopped in them.

And bingo! We have a Tesla reference! My crowdfunding BS card is full. 😂

1694936155698.png

The wording in the “Risks” section that really set the alarm bells ringing.

METL bicycle tires are advanced prototypes not yet on the market, and our final manufacturing lines are under development.
“We have no one to make these.”

Supply chain issues could delay or limit our access to shape memory alloys, although we are planning ahead and do have multiple sources of materials.
“And nothing to make them with.”

Also, whoever came up with this…

1694935607870.png

deserves prison, not $500+.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Any thoughts on this new 'wonder tyre' - ? :whistle:

Got a link?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The Girls Compendium of Nerds to the rescue...

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.co...airless-bicycle-tyres-available-to-the-public

Unlike the moon, and for the most -part Mars, we have an atmosphere and proper air pressure, so alternatives to pneumatic tyres aren't actually required.

Grrrrr!!! This belongs in the “things that annoy you” thread. Thanks for the linky @Drago. Check out this nonsense…..

1694982991843.png

Testimonials are usually from people who have bought and used the product, but SMART are just too disruptive for that old nonsense. These are testimonials from randoms who would like to try the product that doesn’t exist. Some are excited. Pat even rides an EV bike! For 5 ****ing years!!!!! Hail Pat.

There might be something in the tech eventually, but it’ll be developed by Continental or Michelin, and not some tech bro chancers with a correspondence course degree in marketing, funded by gullible marks who, and I absolutely guarantee this, in 2 years time will be $500 down and bleating that their ”gift” has disappeared into the ether.

And breathe.

Top Bottom