Space for a mirror?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill

Hello Folders, Recently I ordered a Brompton cycle with the 'H' bars fitted. I am hoping to fit a lot of the stuff off my Dahon Vitesse to it. Now, I am profoundly deaf and suffer joint problems from being knocked off my Yamaha decades ago. I use right hand mirrors. At the moment on my Dahon I use a Cat Eye mirror inserted in the end of a bar end plus (recently) a very good Zefal mirror that goes into the cycle handlebar end. In illustrations of folded Bromptons I have noted that the 'H' bars....ends are quite near the ground?? Could I fit the Zefal or revert soley to the 'Cat Eye' arrangement that I have used for years?

chriscross1966

Über Member
When folded the RH bar end on an H is nowhere near the floor, it's the LH side that is.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't know but this might work rather well on a Brompton.

IMG_0841.JPG

It's called a cycle eye and I'm sure it's still available. You can fit left or right.
In fact if it doesn't get in the way of the fold it would work rather better than it does on my bike as it would be further down as it won't be obstructed so much by your thighs.

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

I hope your right Chris, if so that's a great issue off my mind! Thank Cyclops but to look at that mirror you have to look down. With what I have now they are placed in the same area that I look...straight ahead

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Hello Chris, I do not know how but I found a PDF on/in my tablet computer with the Brompton handbook down load. There is a clear illustration showing how the handlebar column folds up and down. As you say, the right hand handlebar grip area is off the ground....thanks!

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Further to this topic I found out on a ride on this Tuesday, that the Cateye mirror stuck in the end of my right hand barend kept moving about. The Zefal bar end mirror is a wonderful invention. It has micro adjustment and being on the bar end give a great field view of cars approaching. The Cateye is off the bike now as the Zefal mirror is great!

Top Bottom