spacer or no spacer :S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyhunter

i am new to campy super record 11sp, bought a pair of mavic ksyrium sl wheels for training. Their was a spacer with them, i know you need a spacer with shimano, the mavic documentation booklook is crap as there is pictures with no words to say if it is required as the book id outdated.. i can not remember if the ultra bora two wheels have a spacer but i dont think they do..So i am assuming you dont need this spacer then :S, though i ran it today with a spacer n its slightly a bit not right but i duno if its fine tuning or because of the spacer..many thanks.

Computer says - yes,you need the spacer.

Tracked it down to this site.

cheers, i duno why the 2011 mavic manual does come with the correct instructions :sad:. least i know it jus need fine ajustment :smile:.

I checked the Mavic tech site for dealers - absolutely no mention of this. They must rely on word of mouth to communicate such little details!

OP
OP
andyhunter

andyhunter

I checked the Mavic tech site for dealers - absolutely no mention of this. They must rely on word of mouth to communicate such little details!

sure ever better was the fact that there is no carbon pads as far as i am aware of but will be relased this month or next on the market even from campy yet or swisstop for the new super record brake cartridge :sad:. They changed the decide from a screw to a leaf spring with a cut out which i only found it when going to change the pads to the ones i got with my wheels..its just an annoyance. The only way round it is to by 2010 record cartridge and slid the carbon pads in.

Top Bottom